Safe and secure through Vanco Payment Solutions.
- If you are a first-time user, select “Create Your Online Profile”
- “Log In” to your account
- Then make your online donation as shown
Use the QR code below or download the App to your phone or other mobile device by searching keyword “GivePlus Vanco” from either the Apple or Google store. Once you have downloaded it you need to create a profile, even if you have previously signed up with Vanco.
The Gift That Keeps on Giving
Members of Golden Valley Lutheran Church established the Endowment Fund (The Fund) in early 2005. It was created to receive gifts and bequests and to grow and use it’s assets to further the advancement of GVLC’s mission and ministries.
When and why should I give to The Fund?
- Contributions to The Fund are intended to be over and above your GVLC contributions.
- The Fund was designed for people who want to contribute to GVLC and its missions, but in a slightly different manner.
- The unique feature of The Fund is that your donation remains intact—only the earnings from your donation are used for the designated purpose.
- A planned gift to The Fund can help assure that the Church and its ministries remain as strong in the future as they are today.
How will The Fund’s assets be used?
Funds contributed to the Endowment Fund are invested and the income earned by these investments will be used to sustain and strengthen various ministries of the Church in the future. The principal remains invested in perpetuity.
Who decides how the money will be spent?
Golden Valley Lutheran Church has established an Endowment Fund Committee, whose members are selected and approved by the Board of Deacons. The members also include the Treasurer and Stewardship Deacon of the Congregation, as well as the Pastor. This committee is responsible for recommending expenditures to the Board of Deacons for approval.
How can I participate in the Endowment Fund activities?
Current Gifts – Cash donations can be made by making checks payable to “Golden Valley Lutheran Church Endowment Fund.”
Periodic Gifts – Endowment Fund contribution envelopes are enclosed in the packet of giving envelopes provided by the church. Monthly, quarterly, or annual pledges are also encouraged. The Endowment Fund also accepts non-cash gifts, including stocks, bonds, or other investments.
Special Gifts – We also encourage you to consider making a very special gift to the Endowment Fund by naming The Fund as a beneficiary or partial beneficiary of such things as a living trust or charitable remainder trust, a life insurance policy, an IRA or 401k, or by naming The Fund in a bequest in your will or trust.
Can I contribute to specific ministries?
The Endowment Fund consists of a primary Unrestricted Fund and six Restricted Funds. The Unrestricted Fund may be used for any mission or ministry as determined by the Endowment Committee and the Board of Deacons. The Unrestricted Fund gives the Endowment Committee flexibility to make gifts for specific and changing needs not included in the annual budget. The income from gifts to the Restricted Funds may be used only for purposes consistent with that specific Fund. The six Restricted Funds include:
- Special Projects within GVLC
- Loving Shepherd Early Learning Center
- New Building Projects or Property Acquisition
- Outside Mission and Ministries
For more information on giving to GVLC or the Endowment Fund, please contact the Stewardship Deacon, Treasurer, or Pastor by calling the church office at 763-544-2810.