One may give without loving, but one cannot love without giving.
How does a Christian Steward Give?
Gracefully – 2 Corinthians 8:1-4
1) And now, brothers, we want you to know about the grace that God has given the Macedonian churches. 2) Out of the most severe trial, their overflowing joy and their extreme poverty welled up in rich generosity. 3) For I testify that they gave as much as they were able, and even beyond their ability. Entirely on their own, 4) they urgently pleaded with us for the privilege of sharing in this service to the saints.
Confidently – 2 Corinthians 9:10-11
10) Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness. 11) You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.
Proportionately – 1 Corinthians 16:1-2
1) Now about the collection for God’s people: Do what I told the Galatian churches to do. 2) On the first day of every week, each one of you should set aside a sum of money in keeping with his income, saving it up, so that when I come no collections will have to be made.
Generously – 2 Corinthians 9:6
6) Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously.
Regularly – 1 Corinthians 16:2
2) On the first day of every week, each one of you should set aside a sum of money in keeping with his income, saving it up, so that when I come no collections will have to be made.
Thoughtfully and Cheerfully – 2 Corinthians 9:7
7) Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
Prayerfully – Philippians 4:6-7
6) Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7) And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Scripturally – Proverbs 3:9-10
9) Honor the LORD with your wealth, with the first fruits of all your crops; 10) then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine.
Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, O Lord, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all. 1 Chronicles 29:11